Author Archives: Kidder Media
Parent/teacher conferences are right around the corner. Parents and teachers share the same goals for children and students; they want each individual to do their best. This will happen when parents and teachers work together. This can happen in a number of ways.
- Keeping lines of communication open between parents and teachers
- Parents help by setting aside time for schoolwork at home
- Teachers can send newsletters, create blogs, make phone calls and send report cards
- Parents can attend parent/teacher conferences to make sure that parents, teachers and students are all on the same page
- Parents can volunteer in the classroom or building
- Parents can help the teacher by letting them know about things happening at home
- Teachers and parents can work as a team to provide the best for students
Crothersville Elementary strives for a quality education which emphasizes the following:
R-Responsibility & Respect
In late September, Indiana FFA State Officers visited 7th and 8th grade agriculture classes. Indiana FFA has more than 11,000 members and is making a positive impact on hundreds of communities across the state. Indiana FFA provides high school-aged students with challenging opportunities to develop leadership skills, problem-solving skills, and explore potential career opportunities. We are so excited to expose our students to this fantastic opportunity!
Sept. 29 was College Application Day in Indiana. This day is so important because 11 colleges waived their application fees for this day only! Crothersville seniors were all over this opportunity! We are proud to have had 12 seniors fill out 50 college applications! It is so exciting to think of all the places they will go!
In September, Noah Hoskins and Kiana Jackson attended Eco Network Ambassador Training at Purdue Polytech in Columbus. Noah and Kiana had the opportunity to witness a 3D printer in action. They studied vehicles by learning about precision parts and how information is calculated using a Raspberry pi Computer! This was an amazing experience for both students!