Monthly Archives: December 2020
Crothersville High School Girls Varsity Basketball Team is now quarantined due to a positive case of COVID 19. We are working on the exact date when the team can return to action. All games will postponed until further notice
In the event of a closing or delay, Crothersville will communicate all delays, cancellations, early dismissals on the website, Facebook, automated calls as well as local news outlets.
The holidays are a great time to teach children compassion and empathy for others. It is easy for children to be excited to receive gifts, but how do we develop the same enthusiasm for giving? Here are some examples of how you can involve your child in the joy of giving.
- Let your child shop for a few gifts for others using their own money
- Do a holiday craft or bake cookies to give to neighbors or friends
- Let your child wrap a few gifts themselves
- Have your child make cards for others
- Give your child the opportunity to present a gift to someone so they can see the joy it brings
- Volunteer in a local soup kitchen or participate in Toys for Tots
*Read bedtime stories.
*Have your child read the grocery list as you shop.
*Write down a recipe for your child’s favorite food.
*Get excited to visit the library.
*Play a board game and have your child read the cards.
*Don’t leave home without it! Always have reading materials available to read in the car or at appointments.
*Once is not enough. Re-read favorite stories to help build fluency, speed and accuracy.
*Dig Deeper! Ask your child questions about what they just read.
*Be patient, correct gently and praise with enthusiasm